Bereavement is something we all want to protect our children from but it is a sad fact of life.
As a Catholic school we are fortunate that death is talked about in our teaching. We are supported by the conviction that something lies beyond, that death does not have the last word. The Catholic faith is rooted in the belief that God made us to enjoy eternal life with Him.
If one of our pupils suffers a bereavement, we will support them in school. For each child the support they need will be different.
How we support in school:
- Staff have had bereavement training from https://www.eastcheshirehospice.org.uk/
- We take support from <as dream]https:="" www.daisysdream.org.uk"="" href="http://Daisy's Dream]https://www.daisysdream.org.uk" target="_blank">https://www.daisysdream.org.uk/ and can arrange therapy for children or families with a specialist if it is appropriate.
- We use resources from https://www.childbereavementuk.org/
- We have a variety of books about death which can be used to support pupils
- Above all, our staff are kind and sensitive and will support in any way they can. We are always here to listen - please get in touch if you need support.